Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: Africa - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [5 May 16] LiveAtState: Threats to Civilian Security in Africa
Sarah Sewall, Under Secretary of State for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights
- [4 May 16] Boko Haram on the Back Foot?
International Crisis Group
- [29 April 16] State Department Press Release: Joint Statement on South Sudan Peace Process
- [27 April 16] South Sudan's Prospects for Peace and Security
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- [7 April 16] A Progress Report on the West Africa Ebola Epidemic
Hearing before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health Policy
- [April 16] Understanding African Armies
David Chuter and Florence Gaub, rapporteurs. European Union Institute for Security Studies
- [April 16] Countering Violent Extremism: The Horn of Africa
Jose Luengo-Cabrera and Annelies Pauwels. European Union Institute for Security Studies
- [April 16] The Foreign Policies of African States in the Age of Democracy and Human Rights
Alfredo Tjiurimo Hengari. South African Institute of International Affairs
- [April 16] Stability and Vulnerability in the Sahel: The Regional Roles and Internal Dynamics of Chad and Niger
Ben Shepherd and Paul Melly. Norwegian Peacebuilding Resource Centre
- [30 March 16] U.S. Marine Corps Crisis Response in Africa
Foreign Press Center briefing by Col. Calvert Worth, Commanding Officer, Marine Air Ground Task Force - Crisis Reponse Africa Unit