Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: Western Hemisphere - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [13 March 15] Background Briefing on Discussions with Cuba
Senior State Department Official
- [12 March 15] Department of Defense Press Briefing by Gen John Kelly, Commander, U.S. Southern Command, in the Pentagon Briefing Room
- [12 March 15] U.S. Northern Command and U.S. Southern Command
Hearing before the Senate Committee on Armed Services
- [10 March 15] Op-Ed by the Vice President on the Administration's Efforts to Assist Countries in Central America - "Investing in a Secure, Stable Central America"
- [9 March 15] White House: Executive Order - Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela
- [9 March 15] Statement by the White House Press Secretary on Venezuela
- [3 March 15] State Department Press Release: Joint Statement by the Presidents of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, and the Vice President of the United States Regarding: The Plan for the Alliance for Prosperity of the Northern Triangle
- [March 15] Honduras: A Government Failing to Protect its People
Lisa Haugaard and Sarah Kinosian. Center for International Policy and the Latin America Working Group Education Fund
- [26 Feb 15] The President's New Cuba Policy and U.S. National Security
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere
- [25 Feb 15] Back from the Brink: Saving Ciudad Juárez
International Crisis Group