Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: Western Hemisphere - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [9 Dec 15] Year in Review: U.S. Policy Toward a Changing Western Hemisphere
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere
- [12 Nov 15] Iran and Hezbollah in the Tri-Border Areas of Latin America: A Look at the “Old TBA” and the “New TBA”
Alma Keshavarz. Small Wars Journal
- [6 Nov 15] Statement by the President on the Keystone XL Pipeline
- [6 Nov 15] State Department: Background Briefing on the Keystone XL Pipeline
- [5 Nov 15] China's Military Agreements with Argentina: A Potential New Phase in China-Latin America Defense Relations
Jordan Wilson. U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission
- [29 Oct 15] Remarks at a Roundtable with Journalists in Monterrey, Mexico
Samantha Power, U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- [22 Oct 15] Argentina's Reform Elections?
Daniel Kerner. Council on Foreign Relations
- [21 Oct 15] Ongoing Migration from Central America: An Examination of FY2015 Apprehensions
Hearing before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- [Oct 15] What's Been Wrong with Canadian Security Policy and Diplomacy and What It May Take to Fix It
Dennis Stairs. Canadian Global Affairs Institute
- [21 Sep 15] The New Cuba Moment: Can Latin American States Help Spark Reform?
Federico Merke. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace