Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: Western Hemisphere - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [21 Aug 15] U.S. Customs and Border Protection Launches "Know the Facts" Awareness Campaign
Foreign Press Center briefing by R. Gil Kerlikowske, Commissioner, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and Francisco Palmieri, Acting Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs
- [19 Aug 15] Combating Child Smugglers in Central America
Liamarie Quinde. Center for American Progress
- [18 Aug 15] Mexican Energy Reform: A Security Nightmare for Multi-Nationals Operating in Mexico
Gary J. Hale. Small Wars Journal
- [14 Aug 15] Print Roundtable at Chief of Mission's Residence
John Kerry, Secretary of State
- [10 Aug 15] Old and New Governmental-Criminal Relationships in Mexico: A Historical Analysis of the Illicit Political Economy and Effects on State Sovereignty
Khirin A. Bunker. Small Wars Journal
- [30 July 15] Venezuela: Unnatural Disaster
International Crisis Group
- [29 July 15] Threats to Press Freedom in the Americas
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere
- [29 July 15] Central America: Improved Evaluation Efforts Could Enhance Agency Programs to Reduce Unaccompanied Child Migration
Government Accountability Office
- [20 July 15] Statement by the White House Press Secretary on the Opening of the Embassy of the United States of America in Havana, Cuba, and the Opening of the Cuban Embassy in Washington, D.C.
- [15 July 15] Overview of U.S. Policy Towards Haiti Prior to the Elections
Hearing before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights, and Global Women's Issues