Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: Western Hemisphere - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [17 March 16] How Economic Freedom Can Be Restored in Argentina
James M. Roberts and George A. Margulies. Heritage Foundation
- [16 March 16] White House Press Call to Preview the President's Travel to Cuba and Argentina
Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications, Jeffrey DeLaurentis, Charge de Affaires, U.S. Embassy in Cuba, and Mark Feierstein, National Security Council Senior Director for Western Hemisphere Affairs
- [March 16] Shale Development & the Environment: Policy Lessons for Latin America
Jed Bailey and Lisa Viscidi. Inter-American Dialogue
- [March 16] Canadian Expression of Interest System: A Model to Manage Skilled Migration to the European Union?
Maria Vincenza Desiderio and Kate Hooper. Migration Policy Institute
- [March 16] Future of Canada's Oil Sands in a Decarbonizing Global Economy
Jeff Rubin. Center for International Governance Innovation
- [25 Feb 16] U.S.-Canadian Cooperation on Advancing Democracy in Haiti
Remarks by Kenneth H. Merten, Special Coordinator for Haiti, U.S. Department of State, in an interview with Dorothee Giroux of Radio-Canada "L'Heure du Monde"
- [12 Feb 16] How El Salvador's Security Policy is Increasing Extrajudicial Killings and Abuse
Sarah Kinosian. Security Assistance Monitor
- [2 Feb 16] The United States and Colombia: From Security Partners to Global Partners in Peace
Dan Restrepo, et al. Center for American Progress
- [Feb 16] Five Steps to Grow the Cuban Economy: What the US and Cuba Can Do in Obama’s Final Year
Michael W. Klein and Pavel Vidal. Atlantic Council
- [Feb 16] Engagement and Pragmatism: Towards an Enduring Canadian Strategy in Latin America
Eric Miller. Canadian Global Affairs Institute