Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: East Asia & the Pacific - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently-included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [4 May 16] Remarks at the East-West Center on "Next Steps in the U.S.-Southeast Asia Economic Partnership"
Ziad Haider, Special Representative for Commercial and Business Affairs, Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- [28 April 16] America as a Pacific Power: Challenges and Opportunities in Asia
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- [27 April 16] ISIS in the Pacific: Assessing Terrorism in Southeast Asia and the Threat to the Homeland
Hearing before the House Committee on Homeland Security, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
- [27 April 16] South Korea Debates Nuclear Options
Toby Dalton, Byun Sunggee, and Lee Sang Tae. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- [21 April 16] America's Pacific Future is Happening Now
Remarks by Daniel R. Russel, Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, at Stanford University
- [15 April 16] Stennis Troop Talk
Ash Carter, Secretary of Defense
- [14 April 16] Joint Press Conference by Secretary of Defense Ash Carter and Philippine Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin in Manilla, Philippines
- [1 April 16] White House Fact Sheet: Removal of All Highly Enriched Uranium and Plutonium from Japan's East Critical Assembly
- [April 16] U.S. Special Operations Forces in the Philippines, 2001-2014
Linda Robinson, Patrick B. Johnston, and Gillian S. Oak. RAND Corporation
- [31 March 16] Remarks by President Obama, President Park Geun-Hye of the Republic of Korea, and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan after Trilateral Meeting