Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: East Asia & the Pacific - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently-included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [11 June 15] Retreat or Revival: A Status Report on Democracy in Asia
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific
- [3 June 15] U.S. Refugee and Migration Policy and Programs in Southeast Asia
Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary of State for Population, Refugees, and Migration
- [3 June 15] Remarks at "Korea Going Forward" Conference
Remarks by Daniel R. Russel, Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, at the Center for Strategic and International Studies
- [2 June 15] Myanmar's Military Keeps Firm Grip on Democratic Transition
Vikram Nehru. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- [1 June 15] Joint Press Conference by Secretary of Defense Ash Carter and Vietnamese Minister of National Defense General Phung Quang Thanh, in Hanoi, Vietnam
- [30 May 15] IISS Shangri-La Dialogue: "A Regional Security Architecture Where Everyone Rises"
Ash Carter, Secretary of Defense
- [30 May 15] Department of Defense Press Release: Japan-U.S.-Australia Defense Ministers Meeting Joint Statement
- [30 May 15] Department of Defense: U.S.-ROK-Japan Defense Ministers Meeting Joint Press Statement
- [May 15] The Role of the U.S. Army in Asia
Thomas J. Bickford, et al. CNA
- [May 15] Integrating Landpower in the Indo-Asia-Pacific Through 2020: Analysis of a Theater Army Campaign Design
Benjamin A. Bennett. Institute of Land Warfare, Association of the U.S. Army