Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
MiPAL: Afghanistan - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this MiPAL. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [18 Sep 15] Young Technocrats Taking Over: Who Are the New Afghan Governors and What Can They Achieve?
Christine Roehrs and Qayoom Suroush. Afghanistan Analysts Network
- [10 Sep 15] Ground Truths: Honestly Assessing Reconstruction in Afghanistan
Remarks by John F. Sopko, Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction, at Georgetown University
- [9 Sep 15] Remarks to the Afghan Diplomat Training Program
Antony J. Blinken, Deputy Secretary of State
- [1 Sep 15] The Situation in Afghanistan and its Implications for International Peace and Security
Report of the Secretary-General to the United Nations Security Council
- [27 Aug 15] Afghan Refugees and Returnees: Corruption and Lack of Afghan Ministerial Capacity Have Prevented Implementation of a Long-term Refugee Strategy
Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction
- [17 Aug 15] The Death of Mullah Omar and the Rise of ISIS in Afghanistan
Hannah Byrne, John Krzyzaniak, and Qasim Khan. Institute for the Study of War
- [8 Aug 15] White House: Readout of Calls between National Security Advisor Susan E. Rice and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco and Afghan National Security Advisor Hanif
- [5 Aug 15] The Murree Process: Divisive Peace Talks further Complicated by Mullah Omar’s Death
Borhan Osman. Afghanistan Analysts Network
- [Aug 15] Afghan Youth and Extremists: Why Are Extremists' Narratives So Appealing?
Belquis Ahmadi. United States Institute of Peace
- [Aug 15] Afghanistan: Midyear Report 2015 - Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict
United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan and the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights