Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
MiPAL: Afghanistan - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this MiPAL. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [10 Dec 14] After the Withdrawal: The War Forward in Afghanistan and Pakistan (Part III)
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific, and Subcommittee on the Middle East and North Africa
- [7 Dec 14] Remarks by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to Troops at Forward Operating Base Gamberi, Afghanistan
- [4 Dec 14] Remarks at the London Conference on Afghanistan
John Kerry, Secretary of State
- [Dec 14] A Comparative Perspective on an Afghan Peace Process: Why, When, Who and What?
Caroline A. Hartzell. Chatham House
- [29 Nov 14] Statement by the White House Press Secretary on the Government of Afghanistan's Approval of the Bilateral Security Agreement and the NATO Status of Forces Agreement
- [Nov 14] Afghanistan in 2014: A Survey of the Afghan People
The Asia Foundation
- [Nov 14] Afghanistan Opium Survey 2014: Cultivation and Production
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- [Nov 14] Donor Aid Challenges in Shaping Incentive Programs and Spurring Afghan Reform
Trent Ruder. United States Institute of Peace
- [29 Oct 14] U.S. Counternarcotics Efforts in Afghanistan Fail to Deliver
Olivia Enos. Heritage Foundation
- [28 Oct 14] Resetting Pakistan’s Relations with Afghanistan
International Crisis Group