Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
MiPAL: Central Asia - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this MiPAL. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [28 April 16] The Potential of the Trans-Caspian Trade Route
Remarks by Kurt Tong, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs, at the Trans-Caspian East-West Trade and Transit Corridor Forum, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, Washington, DC
- [21 April 16] Combatting the Closure of Space for Civil Society in Eurasia
Remarks by Robert Berschinski, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor, at Yale University's Jackson Institute for Global Affairs, New Haven, CT
- [31 March 16] White House: Joint Announcement of the United States and Republic of Kazakhstan Cooperation in the Sphere of Nonproliferation and Nuclear Security
- [31 March 16] Kyrgyzstan Targets Wrong Enemy in Its Latest Border Crisis with Uzbekistan
Fozil Mashrab. Jamestown Foundation
- [28 March 16] South and Central Asia: U.S. Policies and Priorities for 2016
Remarks by Nisha Desai Biswal, Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs, at the Center for a New American Security
- [21 March 16] Uzbekistan at Twenty-Five: What Next?
Paul Stronski. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- [17 March 16] White House: Message to the Senate - Treaty Between the United States of America and the Republic of Kazakhstan on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters
- [March 15] Role of Local Self Governance (LSG) in Security Provision in Kyrgyzstan
Urmat Kazakbaev, et al. Civic Union for Reforms and Results
NOTE: Full-text made available by Saferworld
- [Feb 16] "Everything Can Be Tolerated - Except Injustice." Injustice and Violence in Osh, Kyrgyzstan
Will Bennett. Saferworld
-  Uzbekistan's Ambiguous Policies on Afghanistan
Joakim Brattvoll. Peace Research Institute Oslo