Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
MiPAL: Iraq - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this MiPAL. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [12 June 15] White House Press Release: Readout of Vice President Biden's Meetings with Salim al-Jabouri, Speaker of Iraq's Council of Representatives
- [10 June 15] Statement by the White House Press Secretary on Additional U.S. Steps in the Counter-ISIL Effort
- [10 June 15] Statement from the Department of Defense on Additional U.S. Personnel to Deploy to Iraq
- [8 June 15] Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Al-Abadi after Bilateral Meeting
- [5 June 15] Department of Defense Press Briefing Via Telephone from the Combined Air and Space Operations Center, Southwest Asia, in the Pentagon Press Briefing Room
Lt Gen John W. Hesterman, III, Combined Forces Air Component Commander
- [3 June 15] U.S. Policy Towards ISIL After Terror Group Seizes Ramadi and Palmyra
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on the Middle East and North Africa
- [2 June 15] Press Availability with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius
Antony J. Blinken, Deputy Secretary of State
- [June 15] Iran's Role in Iraq: Room for Cooperation?
Alireza Nader. RAND Corporation
- [19 May 15] Retaking Ramadi: U.S. Assistance and Shiite-Sunni Cooperation
Michael Knights. Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- [May 15] A New Controversial Actor in Post-ISIS Iraq: al-Hashd al-Shaabi (The Popular Mobilization Forces)
Bilgay Duman. Center for Middle Eastern Strategic Studies