Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
MiPAL: Iraq - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this MiPAL. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [13 Nov 15] Department of Defense Press Briefing by Col. Steven Warren, Operation Inherent Resolve Spokesman, via DVIDS from Baghdad, Iraq
- [9 Nov 15] Creeping Incrementalism: U.S. Strategy in Iraq and Syria from 2011 to 2015
Anthony H. Cordesman. Center for Strategic and International Studies
- [4 Nov 15] State Department Press Release: Statement by Members of the Small Group of the Global Coalition to Counter ISIL
- [Nov 15] Refugees and the Making of an Arab Regional Disorder
Maha Yahya. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- [30 Oct 15] Department of Defense Background Briefing on Enhancing Counter-ISIL Operations
Senior Defense Official
- [28 Oct 15] The U.S. Role and Strategy in the Middle East
Hearing before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- [7 Oct 15] Iranian Influence in Iraq and the Case of Camp Liberty
Hearing before the Senate Committee on Armed Services
- [Sep 15] Lessons Encountered: Learning from the Long War
Richard D. Hooker, Jr. and Joseph J. Collins, eds. National Defense University
- [Aug 15] The Return of the Kurdish Question: On the Situation of the Kurds in Iraq, Syria and Turkey
Gunter Seufert. German Institute for International and Security Affairs
- [13 July 15] Report on the Protection of Civilians in the Armed Conflict in Iraq: 11 December 2014 - 30 April 2015
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq - Human Rights Office and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights'