MiPAL - TOC
Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
MiPAL: Syria - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this MiPAL. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [22 March 16] The Islamic State
Zachary Laub and Jonathan Masters. Council on Foreign Relations
- [21 March 16] Department of Defense Press Briefing by Col. Warren via Teleconference from Baghdad, Iraq
- [18 March 16] Russia’s Military Operation in Syria: A New Stage
Anna Maria Dyner. Polish Institute of International Affairs
- [16 March 16] The North Caucasus Insurgency and Syria: An Exported Jihad?
International Crisis Group
- [16 March 16] What the Russian ‘Withdrawal’ from Syria Really Means
Frederick W. Kagan. American Enterprise Institute
- [15 March 16] A Well-Timed Retreat: Russia Pulls Back From Syria
Alexander Baunov. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- [14 March 16] Analysis: Continued Marginalization of Syrians is Key Problem
Malak Chabkoun. Al Jazeera Center for Studies
- [14 March 16] No Place for Children: The Impact of 5 Years of War on Syria's Children and Their Childhoods
United Nations Children's Emergency Fund
- [13 March 16] Joint Press Availability with French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond, EU High Representative Federica Mogherini, and Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni
John Kerry, Secretary of State
- [March 16] Syrian Armed Opposition Powerbrokers
Jennifer Cafarella and Genevieve Casagrande. Institute for the Study of War