MiPAL - TOC
Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
MiPAL: Syria - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this MiPAL. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [1 Oct 14] Interview of General Allen With Elise Labott of CNN
John Allen, Special Presidential Envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
- [24 Sep 14] White House Fact Sheet: Comprehensive U.S. Government Approach to Foreign Terrorist Fighters in Syria and the Broader Region
- [18 Sep 14] The ISIS Threat: Weighing the Obama Administration's Response
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- [18 Sep 14] To Confront the Islamic State, Seek a Truce in Syria
Yezid Sayigh. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- [16 Sep 14] Statement on Iraq, Syria, and ISIL before the Senate Armed Services Committee
Chuck Hagel, Secretary of Defense
- [16 Sep 14] FPI Fact Sheet: Syria's Moderate Opposition
Tzvi Kahn and Evan Moore. Foreign Policy Initiative
- [15 Sep 14] Turkey: A Reluctant Partner in the Fight against the Islamic State
Gönül Tol. Middle East Institute
- [9 Sep 14] Rigged Cars and Barrel Bombs: Aleppo and the State of the Syrian War
International Crisis Group
- [3 Sep 14] Remarks by Matthew G. Olsen, Director, National Counterterrorism Center, at the Brookings Institution
- [13 Aug 14] Report of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Syrian Arab Republic
Report presented to the United Nations Human Rights Council
NOTE: The findings establish that the conduct of the warring parties in the Syrian Arab Republic has caused civilians immeasurable suffering.