Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: Near East & North Africa - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [4 Sep 14] Overview of Violations of International Human Rigths and Humanitarian Law during the Ongoing Violence in Libya
United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- [29 Aug 14] State Department Press Statement: Yemen: Actions Taken by the Houthis
- [28 Aug 14] More Express Sympathy for Israel than the Palestinians
Pew Research Center
- [27 Aug 14] Cease Failure: Rethinking Seven Years of Failing Policies in Gaza
Lani Frerichs, David Andrés Viñas and Nicola Bay. Oxfam International
- [27 Aug 14] The Sisi Government’s Attempts to Win Over Egypt’s Civil Servants
Amr Adly. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- [26 Aug 14] Egypt's Emerging Libya Policy
Mohamed Elmenshawy. Middle East Institute
- [25 August 14] US Allies Bombing Islamists: The UAE Airstrikes on Libya
Simon Henderson. Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- [20 Aug 14] The Struggle for the Levant: Geopolitical Battles and the Quest for Stability
Aram Nerguizian. Center for Strategic and International Studies
- [15 Aug 14] The US Administration on Israel's Military Activity in Operation Protective Edge: Fluctuating Positions
Zaki Shalom. Institute for National Security Studies, Tel Aviv University
- [Aug 14] Middle East 2020: Shaped by or Shaper of Global Trends?
Mathew J. Burrows. Atlantic Council of the United States