Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: Near East & North Africa - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [3 March 15] The President's Proposed Authorization for the Use of Military Force against ISIL and U.S. Policy, Strategy, and Posture in the Greater Middle East
Hearing before the House Committee on Armed Services
- [2 March 15] Remarks as Prepared for Delivery at AIPAC Annual Meeting by National Security Advisor Susan E. Rice
- [2 March 15] Remarks at the AIPAC Policy Conference
Samantha Power, U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- [March 15] Collusion to Crackdown: Islamist-Military Relations in Egypt
Omar Ashour. Brookings Institution
- [March 15] Fighting the Islamic State in Libya: By Political Means First
Virginia Collombier. Norwegian Peacebuilding Resource Centre
- [26 Feb 15] Libya: Getting Geneva Right
International Crisis Group
- [25 Feb 15] Who Are Yemen's Houthis?
April Longley Alley. Council on Foreign Relations
- [24 Feb 15] Remarks by President Obama and the Amir of Qatar after Bilateral Meeting
- [4 Feb 15] The Palestinian Authority’s International Criminal Court Gambit: A True Partner for Peace?
Hearing before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on the Middle East and North Africa
- [Feb 15] Forming the New Tunisian Government: “Relative Majority” and the Reality Principle
Lilia Labidi. Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars