Research guides featuring access to current U.S. policy statements accompanied by broad, objective, and comprehensive analysis from a global network of think tanks and research institutes.
Regional Policy Overviews (RPOs)
Regional Policy Overview: South & Central Asia - Recently Added Documents
This section contains the ten most-recently added documents to this Regional Policy Overview. The most recent updates are in bold type. All recently included items can also be found by the subject tabs above.
- [25 Aug 15] Remarks at the Sri Lanka Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Nisha Desai Biswal, Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs
- [12 Aug 15] Sri Lanka Between Elections
International Crisis Group
- [5 Aug 15] Successes and Challenges in Afghanistan and Pakistan
Remarks by Dan Feldman, Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, U.S. Department of State, at the United States Institute of Peace
- [31 July 15] The Iran Nuclear Agreement: Implications for South Asia and the World
Shahid Javed Burki. Institute of South Asian Studies, National University of Singapore
- [July 15] Ashraf Ghani's Pakistan Outreach: Fighting Against the Odds
Moeed Yusuf and Scott Smith. United States Institute of Peace
- [19 June 15] U.S. State Department Country Reports on Terrorism - 2014: South and Central Asia Overview
- [May 15] Strengthening Rule of Law Responses to Counter Violent Extremism: What Role for Civil Society in South Asia?
Institute of South Asian Studies, National University of Singapore, Global Center on Cooperative Security, and Institute for Inclusive Security
- [8 April 15] Why the United States Should Work With India to Stabilize Afghanistan
Alyssa Ayres. Council on Foreign Relations
- [March 15] The Role of Education in Countering Radicalization in Bangladesh
Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
- [2 June 15] Bangladesh: Intensified Activities of Al-Qaeda-Linked Terrorist Groups Risk to Contribute to Further Radicalisation of Muslim Population
Fotini Fragkou. European Strategic Intelligence and Security Center